Body shift

Hello everyone! I am here from Central Oregon. So I have a temper crawler and when I drive it forward on flat ground the body leans over to the left. How do i fix this. It annoys me to see the body not sitting straight.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am here from Central Oregon. So I have a temper crawler and when I drive it forward on flat ground the body leans over to the left. How do i fix this. It annoys me to see the body not sitting straight.
I added cable ties around shock body to stiffen springs helps a bit

Your dealing with torque twist. Its exactly what it sounds like. The best thing to do is to put a stiffer spring or thicker oil in the left shocks.

valuable dealing with torque twist. Its exactly what it sounds like. The best thing to do is to put a stiffer spring or thicker oil in the left shocks.
Thank you for the advice. So i learned a valuable lesson today the hard way. I was driving the crawler outside in the cold and busted the front axle. So once I get it fixed and driving again I will change the shock oil.

1st I've heard of busting axles. I've been using mine in the snow with wheel weights, hub wideners, faster motor, and homemade tire chains, and just added a higher torque servo.

IMO best way to address the torque twist is to do a partial or complete 4 link swap (partial is cheapest). Involves relocating the lower links to the trans mount. I've done the partial, just need a couple screws to finish the upper links.
20160104_233630.jpg

Ok is there anything besides spacers i can do for sharper turning

4 wheel steering. these little rigs are stellar out of the box, but there is lots of room to upgrade. So far mine has:
-Custom bumpers w/ 1oz weighting (each)
-partial 4 link conversion (lower links)
-Custom center skid plate
-Axial Wraith 108mm wheels with 1oz each up front and 1/2oz each rear.
-Dynamite Tazer 280 motor
-Losi high torque servo (have 2nd for rear)
I'll be doing a full on 4wheel steering conversion this week. Just waiting for the new receiver and transmitter
@r8herhed5150 has a write-up for a much cheaper (but also more limited) 4wheel steering mod. I am going full bore with 3ch receiver to allow for independent front and rear, combined front and rear, and "crabbing" Which I will be writing up as It happens

I have 4 wheel steering with crab mode and all i have tje lansu 3 channel remote and reciver i used from my rs 10 its a great setup but my tires rub my lower links

do a partial lower link swap, it will narrow them up near the trans and allow more steering. Some guys have made new trans-mounts that relocate the ball studs to the center of the chassis. i just drilled a couple holes and put some nuts on the end of the ball studs, then made a skid plate out of some 18g steel I had layin around. I do get a little hangup from time to time but nothing I haven't been able to crawl past.

I've got a redcat 3 channel system that comes stock on one of their crawlers. liked the push button steering selection, as well as an LCD that displays the mode.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back