Bought a new radio today!

rendnb

Well,

Finally cashed in on my Savage Flux HP; 1/8th scale isn't for me right now and that thing is a little tough to work on. Got a decent amount to fund our RC hobby so part of it went to a new radio so I can finally have 1 radio for all my trucks (again). I wanted a Futaba 3PV but I didn't want to wait for shipping from Tower, so I went to one of the local stores. They wanted too much for the 3PV.

Called another place and they had a Spektrum DX4C and it was right at my budget! So drove there after work and picked one up. I had a DX3C years ago, but it broke due to my little son at the time fidgeting with the antenna and trigger. I liked that radio and figure this one will work the same.

So now, I can drive my Ruckus or crawler without having to swap the receiver each time lol. My son doesn't have his crawler yet, and my receiver with my other radio was in it so we haven't been bashing recently. Well, looks like we'll do that tomorrow!

New radio works like a champ! Now, I just need another receiver for my Wraith lol.

Drove the Ruckus around a bit, and I absolutely hate the brushless system I got for it (45A Dynamite Tazer esc/motor combo). Its a gen1 version and the fan on it doesn't work =( So it overheats a lot and I have to take breaks between runs so to speak.

Probably time to put in that Castle system I've been wanting but it will have to wait until spring time. For now I can just deal. Just happy I got a new multi model radio to replace the broken one that went out a few years ago.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back