CHARGING QUESTION

Benjamin1112

Hello, I just bought the AMP DB 1/10 Scale 2WD Desert Buggy for my son and wanted to make sure in charging the battery correctly. The instructions require charging the battery for nine hours before commencing the binding process. I attach the speed pack to the charging adapter and plugged it into the wall outlet. However, there is no light on the wall outlet to indicate whether or not it’s actually charging. Also, the battery does not seem to be getting warm as if it’s in the process of charging. should I just put it on for nine hours regardless? Or should there be a light indicating that it’s actually being charged and/or it is fully charged?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2
Yeah it's a slow charger if you will. Usually, the included charger is as cheap as they could get it, no lights, and a slow charger to boot. that's true for most base kits. now some kits do have better chargers and/or LiPo packs included in them, but the price will be higher.
Personally, I would purchase a better charger, one you can actually see it doing something.
There are many of them out there, I could suggest a better one, but there are several factors at play too. What do you want, what do you expect, and what can you afford.

I will say, I have the DB as well, and i can tell you, with a brushless motor and a large 3s Lipo pack in it, you will need a wheelie bar!!!! (y) :cool::D

Members online

Back