Ecx amp MT 1/10 2 wheel drive cogging problem.

Coco227

I have a Ecx amp mt 2 wheel drive, and cogging issue. I have replaced the differential, axles, and I have geared down the pinion gear but it still has not changed. The cogging started recently and is there any way to eliminate the cogging?

I have a Ecx amp mt 2 wheel drive, and cogging issue. I have replaced the differential, axles, and I have geared down the pinion gear but it still has not changed. The cogging started recently and is there any way to eliminate the cogging?

if you raise the rear wheels off the ground, does it still do it? what about on a low traction surface, like sand?

Remove the motor (with pinion). You will then be able to isolate it whether it is a motor issue (like worn brushes etc) or something internal to the transmission. Based on it not doing it with the wheels lifted (no load), you're likely looking at something inside the motor. When you rotate it out of the vehicle with the pinion by hand you should be able to feel if there is something worn/broken inside, a bearing that has worn out of round or grinding, etc.

What motor/ESC/battery?

On the motor there was no issue with turning it but I found out that it was a fin motor so the actual motor was pretty small so I got a new motor in ESC, and the cogging seemed to stop.

Thank you for the help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back