ECX Torment review

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
ECX-Torment-4wd-SCT-Review-10.jpg

Here is a ECX Torment review I came across at bigsquidrc. They did a great job on the Torment review and the Torment short course truck also performed well in their review getting an overall score of a B-. The lowest being a C grade for parts availability, which I'd agree if you are comparing to say Traxxas or HPI. Compared to other beginner RC brands out there, the ECX parts are much easier to find. Take a look at the review here.

How do you score your ECX Torment?

Not sure on that review. I have a hard time taking the opinion of people who intentionally crash an RC into a wall to break it. See the "broken parts" section.

Parts availability if you have a LHS that carries the ECX line should carry a complete line of at least replacement parts for the common items that break. The store I work at carries a full replacement on the stock parts and also the ECX Aluminum upgrades and also RPM control arms.

IF you have a hobby store that does. Mine carries traxxas redcat and a few different crawler brands. Carrying a full line of redcat parts IS unusual though. They sell ecx trucks and will order parts though

Wow carrying Redcat is rare. Yeah we have a whole row that is nothing but stock replacement Trxxas parts too, we also carry some Arma parts and Duratrax and Axial parts. We have parts for every brand we carry. Just don't have all the parts for some of every brands models though.
Nice thing about ECX is there are allot of common parts between there 2 wheel drives models and common ones for the 4 wheel drives so there section is a much smaller than what Traxxas needs.

Wow carrying Redcat is rare. Yeah we have a whole row that is nothing but stock replacement Trxxas parts too, we also carry some Arma parts and Duratrax and Axial parts. We have parts for every brand we carry. Just don't have all the parts for some of every brands models though.
Nice thing about ECX is there are allot of common parts between there 2 wheel drives models and common ones for the 4 wheel drives so there section is a much smaller than what Traxxas needs.

Carrying redcat probably makes them a lot of money as often as redcats break.:D:p:confused:

Honestly though redcat isn't that bad just not good

Last edited:
I wish more people had the brushless review, that was what made me a bit weary about the model, but now I really wish I have one :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back