Lets talk about kinexsis.

KyleRC

I have noticed that the kinexsis motor and esc combo is becoming more noticeable in the forums. I have had mine for about a year now and I like it alot. If you have any comments about the system, chargers and batteries, leave some comments. Thanks!

I was thinking about getting the kx80 80w charger any thaughts?

Great product for the money. Great support through Horizon as well. The esc started sending too much voltage through my reicever and melted 2 cheap servos before I figured it out. It was Spring and went through a lot of snow and a lot of mud. Horizon sent me an entire new combo for free. While I was waiting I hooked the motor to a kyosho LeMans esc. It worked great and I never changed it back. Saving the extra combo for my son's truck, but he's not ready for that much speed yet. I have changed the motor bearings twice, but that was an easy job and happened when I was experimenting with tall pinions. I don't blane the motor for that. All in all it's a great set up and easy to program with multiple settings. I wish they offered the 3000 kv motor alone without the esc. I'd love to see how it handles.

What's up guys,

I am looking at different brushless set ups for both a 2WD Slash and an Amp. I already ordered a Hobbywing 1050BL/3300kv combo, mainly because it was less than $50 and I figure that will be enough for a light 2WD basher, like the Amp. The Slash will run 2.8 wheels/tires, so I might need a bit more. We also have a Midnight Pumpkin that would be fun to try brushless on, but I think that one will stay brushed, for a while at least. It's not even out of the box yet. Both Hobbywing and Castle systems could be had for less than $100, but I am very temped by the Kinexsis combo, mostly because it would be backed by Horizon customer support. Thoughts on how which system you might system might be best for which rig?

Thanks,
MP

What's up guys,

I am looking at different brushless set ups for both a 2WD Slash and an Amp. I already ordered a Hobbywing 1050BL/3300kv combo, mainly because it was less than $50 and I figure that will be enough for a light 2WD basher, like the Amp. The Slash will run 2.8 wheels/tires, so I might need a bit more. We also have a Midnight Pumpkin that would be fun to try brushless on, but I think that one will stay brushed, for a while at least. It's not even out of the box yet. Both Hobbywing and Castle systems could be had for less than $100, but I am very temped by the Kinexsis combo, mostly because it would be backed by Horizon customer support. Thoughts on how which system you might system might be best for which rig?

Thanks,
MP
I would run 3300kv in the slash it might have a low enough kv to not over heat, just make sure the pinion is the right size. For the amp I would run something between 4000kv and 3000kv (big range:D) the amp might do with a 4000kv but it might need modifications if it’s heavy. 3000kv will most likely take any thing you throw at it except for salt water on the road:rolleyes:because you can always gear it up more if it is running really hot and slow from over speeding. DONT run 3s on kinexsis 4000kv it’s a big risk of exploding internal components of the motor. Don’t ask me how I know...

Big tires/heavy car most likely lower Kv

Small tires/light car most likely any kv you want just play with gearing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back