Looking for the perfect LiPo for my Kinexsis 4000kv motor and ESC

MfamRC

I have a Ruckus 4wd and upgraded to a Kinexsis 4000kv brushless motor and 70A ESC kit. I wanna go with a 3s LiPo but I need to know what C rating it can handle. Can you guys help?

You'll be fine with any C rating. The ESC will grab what it needs. I used to think you could have too much C rating and burn out your ESC. @i_r_beej made a great post about C rating and your ESC. Very informative!

Bottom line, any C rating will do, but the higher C rating batteries will cost more.

I was using a 2s/5000/20c and it puffed up. Venom recommended I don’t use less than a 25c so that’s what they sent me as a replacement. I’m running the same motor/esc. So far so good.

All lipo batteries have their limmits. I would definitely not recommend anything lower than 25c too, especially with a 4000kv system. It is more fun to have soemthing with a higher C rate too you get alot more power. Venom's costomer service is great too.

Here's a couple tips for getting the most out of your lipos, especially the cheaper ones. Don't leave them fully charged for more than 2 days as it starts to break down the chemical composition. Use the storage charger feature when they aren't in use. Most 2s packs should be stored at 3.65-3.85v per cell. Don't charge them when they're still hot. Set your cut off to 3.2v on your esc for a little added protection and never run them below 3v/ cell. I have 5 different packs of various quality and they all function as new after a year of hard use. You'll know when your c rating isn't high enough as the solder connection at the battery connection will melt. All our 2 wd trucks run fine on lower c ratings. My 4x4 runs on an 1/8th scale motor and does require a c rating of at least 90 or the solder melts. I even experimented with using high amp plugs (ec5's) to see if it would run on 45c, but no dice. It still melted the solder.

I run my trucks with the Gen Ace 7200mAh 60C Lipo batterys. Our hobby shop (Sheldons) guarantees these batterys for life. Anything goes wrong with them they will exchange it for a new one. I have to say I have never had a problem with these batterys. Their also around $79.00.

I run my trucks with the Gen Ace 7200mAh 60C Lipo batterys. Our hobby shop (Sheldons) guarantees these batterys for life. Anything goes wrong with them they will exchange it for a new one. I have to say I have never had a problem with these batterys. Their also around $79.00.
They have a web site ?

I ended up going with a 5400 mAh 20c LiPo from Venom. I wanted a LiPo ASAP and that is the only thing the LHS had. My husband and I just recently both got some LiPo's from PowerHobby and for the price, we are quite surprised. Hubby had some Duratrax LiPo's in his Nero and they puffed almost instantly. Needless to say, he only had those for a few months because they were junk. The PowerHobby LiPo's we have now have quite a few hard runs on them, out in the Wisconsin cold and all and still run like brand new. I jumped up to a 5200 mAh 50c PowerHobby LiPo with my set up and it all runs fantastic.

Just a word of experience. I wouldn’t use 3s on a 4000kv set up it will most likely cause problems if not certainly. I exploded the rotor in one of my kinexsis 4000kv

[QUOTE = "KyleRC, post: 12403, membre: 786"] Juste un mot d'expérience. Je n'utiliserais pas 3 sur un 4000kv mis en place, il sera très probablement causer des problèmes sinon certainement. J'ai explosé le rotor dans un de mes kinexsis 4000kv [/ QUOTE]
J 'ai cassé 2 rotor en utilisant une 3s sur le tazer 3300 kv. Ça fait cher
Savez vous si on peut trouver un rotor de rechange pour ce moteur ?

Just a word of experience. I wouldn’t use 3s on a 4000kv set up it will most likely cause problems if not certainly. I exploded the rotor in one of my kinexsis 4000kv

I believe you must of had another issue. I run Gens Ace 7000mAh 60C/120C 3S batteries on all my 24 RC SCT and have never had an issue with brushless motors. I will say though, cooling is of the upmost importance. Some of my vehicles have 4 high flow fans 24 CMF on them and the motor and ESC runs around 95 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Some of these fans run on there own LiPo battery.

20180207_220711.jpg

[QUOTE = "KyleRC, post: 12403, membre: 786"] Juste un mot d'expérience. Je n'utiliserais pas 3 sur un 4000kv mis en place, il sera très probablement causer des problèmes sinon certainement. J'ai explosé le rotor dans un de mes kinexsis 4000kv [/ QUOTE]
J 'ai cassé 2 rotor en utilisant une 3s sur le tazer 3300 kv. Ça fait cher
Savez vous si on peut trouver un rotor de rechange pour ce moteur ?
I’m not sure if there is anywhere to get replacement rotors. I took a rotor from a different 4000kv that didn’t run very well but the rotor worked.

Truth is 3s pushes these 540 size motors sometimes too far. What I have to say is if you are going to look for more speed just get a bigger electronics system (and motor) and then run the big batteries. But at that point it’s just better to get a bigger vehicle all in all.

I’m pretty sure that 3s main use is for low kv crawler motors and someone is just looking for a little different feel. And besides if the motor is geared for lower temps (I usually try to keep my motors below 140°F (60°C)) on 3s the motor only runs at higher rpms and while driving the throttle feels a little smoother but not much(I was using a sensor-less motor). But the car feels really lazy while driving due to the extra weight but that will vary car to car.

[QUOTE = "KyleRC, poste: 12416, membre: 786"] Je ne suis pas sûr s'il y a n'importe où pour obtenir des rotors de remplacement. J'ai pris un rotor d'un 4000kv différent qui ne fonctionnait pas très bien mais le rotor a fonctionné.

La vérité est 3s pousse ces 540 moteurs de taille parfois trop loin. Ce que j'ai à dire, c'est que si vous cherchez plus de vitesse, prenez un gros système électronique (et un moteur), puis lancez les grosses batteries. Mais à ce stade, il est préférable d'avoir un plus gros véhicule dans l'ensemble.

Je suis assez sûr que l'utilisation principale de 3s est pour les moteurs de chenille de kv bas et quelqu'un cherche juste une sensation légèrement différente. Et d'ailleurs si le moteur est conçu pour des températures plus basses (j'essaie habituellement de garder mes moteurs au-dessous de 60 ° C), le moteur ne tourne qu'à des vitesses plus élevées. J'utilisais un moteur sans capteur). Mais la voiture se sent vraiment paresseuse pendant la conduite en raison du poids supplémentaire, mais cela va varier voiture-voiture. [/ QUOTE]
Vous prenez un rotor de castle creation ou de traxxas par exemple ?

You might be able to swap rotors between them but there might be variability it would probably be better to buy a new motor.

Latest posts

Members online

Back