Need To Buy A NiMh Charger

skipsmith

Hey guys! My son lost his charger. What would you suggest I get that will charge the NiMH batteries faster than the one that came with the truck....without going broke?

P.S. Not really wanting to go LiPo at this time either.

@skipsmith if it was me I would save a bit longer to spend a few extra dollars and get something like the HTRC C240.

The HTRC C240 is a dual battery charger that is capable of charging a wide range of batteries. So while you might not be running LiPo right this second it's nice having the ability if and when that times comes. So then you wouldn't be spending money all over again.

Plus being able to charge to batteries at the same time has it's obvious benefits as well.

Generally you charge at 1c, which means 1 amp per 1000mah, assuming the charger can handle it, the 1800 at 1.8 and the 3000 at 3 amps. So this means in theory both batteries would charge in the same time, 1 hour if completely dead. Definitely recommend getting a charger that can do lipo aswell, and at least a dual port, like woody recommended. Chances are you'll be buying more trucks and batteries, or at least more batteries, and charging 2 at a time is helpful. I have a 4 port charger, aswell as 2 singles. And still theres times i wish i had more.

I have 2 single chargers, capable of doing several different types of batteries.
So far they have worked great.
I have found after getting back into RC's there is a plethora of different types, sizes, prices, it can get daunting to pick one.

I'm not telling you to buy these just on my opinion, but this is what I am running currently.
Yes, it will do Nimh's cause I have several 8.4v packs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Ch...633579?hash=item2a314b20ab:g:VWwAAOxyXVBSMXR4

Edit: One thing I forgot about, CONNECTORs, you may have to change a connector to match up with your packs.
Or get an adaptor. Keep that in mind.

Members online

No members online now.
Back