New amp monster truck BTD kit

I guess I am new and kind of dumb when it comes to the kits but what is the excitement over a build your own it is the same price as one already build. the only up side i see is you won't have to take parts off to upgrade to better,

I didn't look at this kit, and it may not be the case, but usually kits include a number of upgraded parts. Add into that the ability to pick out your own electronics and/or drivetrain and you usually end up with a much better RC than the RTR version.

Also, nothing beats assembling your RC to learn about it.

Last edited:
From reading on ecxrc.com it comes with all parts as the assembled one just you need to assemble . says it is a good way for a beginner to see how it all works as they assemble it

Had I known I would have gone with kit, simply for the clear body just to make it more of my own. Plus it comes with graphics.Pretty kool option.

It makes me so happy to see ECX and Horizon Hobby doing this. There have been a large number of people begging so many companies to provide RC's in kit form, it's nice to see a company actually deliver on that request.

I was wanting to do the btd but was to anxious to wait on preorder

I know this kit is new, but does anyone know if the parts are compatible with the existing (already built MT). That is one of my concerns about buying the kit -- spare parts availability. Very new to this hobby and learning as I go.

I know this kit is new, but does anyone know if the parts are compatible with the existing (already built MT). That is one of my concerns about buying the kit -- spare parts availability. Very new to this hobby and learning as I go.
Parts are the same, the only difference is one is RTR the other is in kit form.

Thanks. Nearing a purchase of the BTD kit. Need to go to the local RC track (Mann's of Ruskin, FL). The LHS is adjacent to the tracks. Now that is convenient. They run every Saturday, alternating asphalt then dirt. Two nice courses. Can view them on YouTube. Need to find out the classes they are running so I can buy something to join the racing part.

I'm in the same situation. I bought a Boost a few weeks ago and I'm progressing towards racing. What I have found, in talking to a couple of track operators in my area, is that they have a "novice" class that is essentially open to whatever you are running; truck, SCT, buggy, etc. "Run what ya brung," as the saying goes! Have fun and make sure to share your experiences here!

I guess I am new and kind of dumb when it comes to the kits but what is the excitement over a build your own it is the same price as one already build. the only up side i see is you won't have to take parts off to upgrade to better,

With most RC kits you get a clear body and that lets you have fun painting it up, though it's an extra cost. This one seems to come painted though, so the main advantage is that you get to see it all go together. When you have no idea how the RC goes together, working on it can be intimidation. Once you see how it all fits together then it's much easier to do maintenance. It also means that if you're meticulous, you can get it all 'just so'.

I'm in the same situation. I bought a Boost a few weeks ago and I'm progressing towards racing. What I have found, in talking to a couple of track operators in my area, is that they have a "novice" class that is essentially open to whatever you are running; truck, SCT, buggy, etc. "Run what ya brung," as the saying goes! Have fun and make sure to share your experiences here!

Not sure where you're from beej but it's the same around Western Sydney generally, we're all in it for a good time. And hey, Boosts are awesome 'cause you can bash around, go race, and take it to ROAR events as well if you like!

Members online

Back