Newb96

Hello everyone! I'm new to the rc world but I absolutely love my temper. I love to crawl my 96 Toyota Tacoma so having something I can wheel in my backyard in awesome! So far is all stock but I'm currently doing the cheap man's mod for better traction. I removed the foams and added solder to the wheels to add some weight. I haven't tested it yet but hopefully it works out. I'll post some pics of my backyard course soon!

This is a pic of the wheel and solder

Attachments

• 20160215_133524.jpg
    20160215_133524.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
That's awesome.
Thanks dude, I'll get more video up tomorrow!

Just got done with tires and wheels... night and day difference in crawling capability. I weighted the front twice as heavy as the rear. And the tires seem to be a good softness now.

Same location, different angle

Attachments

• 20160215_163917.jpg
    20160215_163917.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 1
Welcome!! Nice course you have set up. Stock these tempers are great, but once you start modding them they are awesome!! Lots of friendly helpful folks here in the forum, feel free to pick our brains when you're ready to take yours to the next level.

Welcome!! Nice course you have set up. Stock these tempers are great, but once you start modding them they are awesome!! Lots of friendly helpful folks here in the forum, feel free to pick our brains when you're ready to take yours to the next level.
Thanks dude, the course is a work in progress. Once I kill all my weeds I'll have more room to play. I wanna dig a mud pit and an articulation trench.

Alright so I did the @driftomaniacs battery tray and esc mod. Super easy and I'm hoping every little bit helps. Just like he did I rotated my battery tray 180° and relocated my esc underneath it forward of the center of the chassis. Thanks a bunch for the great idea and video!

My finished product (just not as clean as his haha)

20160219_144231.jpg

Alright so I did a couple more things to my temper to better express my style...

First I trimmed some of the body to help clear the tires and to give it (imo) a more aggressive look.

Second I painted the inside of the body flat black so attention is diverted away from the inside and the main reason to give my temper the tinted windows look. I absolutely love it! Feedback is appreciated. I wanna know what you guys think (good or bad), any tips, or suggestions.
20160223_210204.jpg 20160223_210257.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back