Servo Horn Replacement & Body Question

BliZZard911

Okay, I picked up a Temper a few weeks ago and I love it!

2 things:

How many teeth are on the servo horn? I hate the white plastic and want to replace it ASAP.

Where can I find a Jeep style 1:18 or 1:16 body? I've been looking everywhere with no luck.

Okay, I picked up a Temper a few weeks ago and I love it!

2 things:

How many teeth are on the servo horn? I hate the white plastic and want to replace it ASAP.

Where can I find a Jeep style 1:18 or 1:16 body? I've been looking everywhere with no luck.

Welcome to the forum fellow Temper owner. Glad you are enjoying it. I love this truck I just can't keep my hands off of it.
20151023_223334-1.jpg
I had to change mine out too. 23t is the spline on the servo. I just picked oUT some random machined ones on Amazon for my 4 wheel steering upgrade.

I found bodies at Horizon Hobby. Searched 1/18 body. Results will mix with 1/8 but if you look closely, there are a few cool ones. I opted for the 50's panel truck for some losi truggy or something. I love it!

I'm not sure if this is the right scale or not because it doesn't indicate. Maybe an inquiry to HH could verify. But the price suggests it's in the neighborhood. Link to jeep style body: http://www.horizonhobby.com/clear-body:-teton-tra7611

HH search result for "1/18 body":
http://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=1/18+body&categoryId=&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&pageSize=40&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&searchTermScope=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=

Last edited:
Wow, now I want to do that Cherokee body now. Always liked that look. Try to find or make a roof rack for some accessories. Thanks for the idea @BliZZard911 I didn't even notice it was there. Nice to have a few choices depending on your mood.

Thanks!

Now I can at least order the right servo horn.

Here's what I'm looking for in regards to a Jeep body:

upload_2015-10-28_16-56-22.png

Last edited:
Thanks!

Now I can at least order the right servo horn.

Here's what I'm looking for in regards tonal Jeep body:

View attachment 103
Gotcha. Haven't seen one but I'll keep an eye out. I'm always on the search for more parts. Let us know if you find one.

Have you tried looking at scale models? Not many but some mfgs list specs including wheelbases. Might want to check that angle out.

Good luck!:)

Mods so far:
Reversed the battery tray to put the batterytmp_15052-DSC_0175-1945105977.JPG in the front and make the on/off switch easier to access.
New tires and rims, slightly larger, better tread/traction.
1/2 inch body lift to compensate for the larger tires.
Trimmed the front wheel wells a bit to also help compensate for the larger tires.
Aluminum servo horn is ordered.

Looking good. I'm so close to doing a wheel upgrade. If I can just find a set at the right price. So far I found Asiatees has a sale on lots of nice wheel sets including high mass got $20 a pair. I'm having a really hard time not biting at this. Who knows, I just might order them today.

What diameter are those tires? And did you stay 1.9 or opt for 2.2 rims?

What do you think of your turning radius with the larger tires? I wasn't happy with mine until I moved the lower arms inward. The other option are some Junfac hub extenders, but I worry about the strain on the c-hubs.

I love those tires, they look like Michelin XMLs! It makes that rig look mean! I wonder if you could sipe them for better traction just like the real rigs do?

I too am wanting to go with a more scale look. The Toyota Tacoma VW Beetle stock body thing isn't doing it for me lol. That's my only regret not going with a Losi is they have the better looking 4 door Taco body:LosiMicroTrailTrekker-1.jpg

Looking good. I'm so close to doing a wheel upgrade. If I can just find a set at the right price. So far I found Asiatees has a sale on lots of nice wheel sets including high mass got $20 a pair. I'm having a really hard time not biting at this. Who knows, I just might order them today.

What diameter are those tires? And did you stay 1.9 or opt for 2.2 rims?

I ordered these from amazon. Seamed like the best deal I could find.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YRRFYCQ/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

As well as hub spacers. I opted for the 14mm, but they also come in a 20mm

I picked up a set of the Boom Racing wheel wideners. The exact ones that the link shows above. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install them and they came with no instructions.

Can somebody help please??

Members online

No members online now.
Back