Slipper Nut Won't Budge

305HemiGuy

Hey guys, I just upgraded my 4wd Torment to brushless. In the process of doing so, I did a test run on 3S and it seems that the motor mount screw came loose, causing the gear mesh to become un-aligned & stripping the composite factory spur. I purchased a steel spur gear to replace it, but I can't get the the large nut off of the slipper that's in front on the spring. It seems to be either stuck or on there very tightly. Any suggestions on trying to remove that nut? I've thought about just ordering a completely new slipper assembly, but they're impossible to find for a 4wd Torment. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, reverse thread, 13mm. I pictured it this way because if I remember correctly the spring and nut are forward in the vehicle. Lefty tighty righty loosey.

Please ignore the majority of the assembly is modified/aftermarket.

IMG_8016.jpeg

Yes, reverse thread, 13mm. I pictured it this way because if I remember correctly the spring and nut are forward in the vehicle. Lefty tighty righty loosey.

Please ignore the majority of the assembly is modified/aftermarket.

View attachment 9266
I got it off! Thanks for your help man, you're a real life saver! 👍 Just out of curiosity, what other slipper assemblies/parts did you find that would work with the 4wd platform? Trying to get ahold of an OEM ECX assembly is impossible these days.

Last edited:
I got it off! Thanks for your help man, you're a real life saver! 👍 Just out of curiosity, what other slipper assemblies/parts did you find that would work with the 4wd platform? Trying to get ahold of an OEM ECX assembly is impossible these days.

long story short, you have to make your own

you can see the many ways I modified mine, and other brands I tried and failed documented in my thread starting about this post

https://ecxforum.com/threads/1-10-4wd-build.3326/post-24841

Latest posts

Members online

Back