Steering issue

Baldiesunite

Hi i have just built an Amp kit with my son but seem to have a steering issue.
After turning left (with vehicle off the floor) it doesn't straighten back up again.
I think it could be the 'Servo Saver's it seems like a damper when I move the steering.
Also I have to have the transmitter in 'Rev' for it to steer the correct way.

I have a video I could post if needed

Cheers for reading

Looking again tonight it looks like the arm off the Servo is flexing as it moves left to right.
I have also put a zip tie round the metal clip on the saver,it doesn't seem to have done much.
Any ideas?

Disconnect the servo arm from the servo. Does it work properly now? If so, I would check on your servo saver. I've found that the screws can be torqued down too hard sometimes, causing binding.

Ok,this has been doing my head in.
I think I have found the problem,me ...over tightening the screws on the steering.
Just taken it apart & slackened them off a little bit & seems so much better now

Ok,this has been doing my head in.
I think I have found the problem,me ...over tightening the screws on the steering.
Just taken it apart & slackened them off a little bit & seems so much better now

Glad you got it figured out! :)

Just in case this is your first kit or something, please triple check the slipper clutch and pinion/spur are well adjusted, these are probably the most critical parts and the easiest to screw up.

Just in case this is your first kit or something, please triple check the slipper clutch and pinion/spur are well adjusted, these are probably the most critical parts and the easiest to screw up.
Hi,yes it is my first kit (well first in the last 20 odd years)
I will take a look,everything else seems to run well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back