To hard on my torment?

Hemiguy

Everything I've read and what I was told when I bought my 1:10 4wd torment was that it can take a good rough play and be just fine which was the case aside from the bumpers snapping off like twigs in the halls of my dorm at half speed. I really don't care about the bumpers anyway I'm working on making my own to mount out of metal. Where I'm confused is that I ran this thing hard and put it up wet and it never had any problems until I drove it off the sidewalk (about an inch and a half drop) and all three screws on the back of my front diff just popped out like nothing. To make it worse I was just cruising slow not even going fast. But I recently took it apart far enough to see if I could just use some JB weld or something and noticed that the rod on the drivers side was bent at the back where it goes into the little square piece. Am I the only one that has had funny problems like this? It was literally a week old when it happened too so that didn't help my frustrations any either. And also if anyone has any links to a good front diff and those little metal bars or Ross or whatever they are, that would be very much appreciated. I will try to post some pictures later of what exactly I'm talking about in case there is any confusion on the parts

Everything I've read and what I was told when I bought my 1:10 4wd torment was that it can take a good rough play and be just fine which was the case aside from the bumpers snapping off like twigs in the halls of my dorm at half speed. I really don't care about the bumpers anyway I'm working on making my own to mount out of metal. Where I'm confused is that I ran this thing hard and put it up wet and it never had any problems until I drove it off the sidewalk (about an inch and a half drop) and all three screws on the back of my front diff just popped out like nothing. To make it worse I was just cruising slow not even going fast. But I recently took it apart far enough to see if I could just use some JB weld or something and noticed that the rod on the drivers side was bent at the back where it goes into the little square piece. Am I the only one that has had funny problems like this? It was literally a week old when it happened too so that didn't help my frustrations any either. And also if anyone has any links to a good front diff and those little metal bars or Ross or whatever they are, that would be very much appreciated. I will try to post some pictures later of what exactly I'm talking about in case there is any confusion on the parts

Lololo one time a st*pid kid ran over my torment with a BMX bike. It survived, nothing broke. I own a torment now since 2014 and never had broken parts. The one and only Problem on my torment is that the suspension parts start becoming more and more "sluggish", means they start to shake around and stuff. So I decided to replace all parts last year (all Chassis components, except Dampfers, electronics etc) and bought the RPM servo-saver.

But no, nothing broke at all. Strange.

One of the little black squares busted (the one not in the brace) and the rod bent too. What are the odds of it being broken and still driving normal then that slight bump was the final push to make it come apart? I tried to super glue it together that's the mess in the good square piece. Are those the hinge pins? I'm trying to locate the correct name so I order the right parts. What are the little black squares called? I still don't understand how a little drop like that with that small of a bump could shatter that much at once

Attachments

• IMG_1906.JPG
    IMG_1906.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Members online

Back