Using the Balancing Board

Djones48

So I have began charging the Lipo. Used the short cable and plugged it into the balancing port (its a little too short tho) and the other one of course into the charge port. Its at a conservative 4.2 A for balanced charging. Does the balancing board only get used for charging multiple batteries? It has no plug to insert into the S65. I was curious if I was supposed to be using it when I charge my Lipo for the first time.

You absolutely must use the balance board for charging LiPo batteries. That is not for charging multiple batteries, it is for charging LiPos with a different number of cells normally.

Take a picture of your balance board and lead. Mine has different sized connectors from 3 pins up to 7 pins For 2S up to 6S LiPos. You just plug your battery’s balance lead into the right sized socket on the board. One at a time. There is only one main power connector, you mainly don’t charge through the balance leads just read voltages and balance with much smaller amps. You will notice when you get up to 8.4v it will go up to 8.41 and then back at much smaller voltages like 0.24 as it balances the cells. Unless you have something very different from what I have.

Ok there was only one connector from the balance board and the connector from the balance board doesn't fit into the charger. On the directions for the skyrc s65 it reads to plug the short connector into the charger and the other cable into the charge port..that's it. No mention of using a balance board or anything.

It seems that charger doesn't come with a balance board or cable. You'll want to look into purchasing one. Should be 4s compatible.

I have a balance board. Got one when i picked up the charger. Problem is that the cable that came with the balance board doesn't fit the input in the charger. My issue is that there is nothing in the instruction manual that indicates I need one.

Ok well figured that out. The reason the charger doesn't accept the balance board cable is because it only charges as high as 4s. The balance board cable is for bigger chargers that go up to 6s. The guy at the local hobby store said i didn't need it.

Pics..

Attachments

• 15951239225131311062932661750759.jpg
    15951239225131311062932661750759.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 15951240113878060842377301120429.jpg
    15951240113878060842377301120429.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3
Input cable is too large (left pic). The right pic is how i check the cells. And when I charge the lipo it advises to use the configuration on the right.

The lipo was charged successfully. I checked the voltage. Charge voltage was 8.4 for both cells. The voltage reader indicated such. Using the balance lead worked.

Since you can plug the balance lead directly into the charger that’s fine.

You mean total is 8.4 and that’s 4.2 per cell. Make sure you charge that in a lipo safe bag and sitting on a non flammable surface. I use ceramic tile but concrete garage floor or steel tool box works too.

Yes you are correct. 8.4 charge voltage for both cells (4.2 × 2). Man o man..plugged the Lipo in today and ran the Amp today with my kids. The first thing that happened is I got a wheelie for almost 2 feet from standstill. What a punch. I was sure to check motor temps throughout driving it. The motor didn't get too hot and even after 25 min or so voltage was still at 3.84 V. Charge time when i got home was only 35 minutes then she was ready to go again.

Yes you are correct. 8.4 charge voltage for both cells (4.2 × 2). Man o man..plugged the Lipo in today and ran the Amp today with my kids. The first thing that happened is I got a wheelie for almost 2 feet from standstill. What a punch. I was sure to check motor temps throughout driving it. The motor didn't get too hot and even after 25 min or so voltage was still at 3.84 V. Charge time when i got home was only 35 minutes then she was ready to go again.
Remember that 3.83-3.85 is storage voltage for LiPo cells, so coming back at 3.85 is perfect. Leave it right there to store. Balance charge right before you go. If you come back below that and aren’t going back out within a few hours then put it on a storage charge program to bring it up to 3.85 per cell.

You won’t believe how fast a brushless motor is. It’s completely insane. Brushed motor with 2S is plenty fast for my kids.

I on the other hand want insane. Google Arrma Kraton roller. ?

Members online

Back