Weak braking

Muppet

Hi, first time post and new to rc so be gentle please! ;) just bought my 5 yr old son a ruckus for his birthday (and for me if I'm honest) testing it out and the braking is terrible, it will slow a little and go into reverse fine, it's a 2wd brushed version, tried a different esc and transmitter but still the same really, would brushless improve things because I'm thinking the fault is with the motor? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to this although I'm getting hooked as I've bought a couple of used tamiya cars cos they looked good deals!

Hi, first time post and new to rc so be gentle please! ;) just bought my 5 yr old son a ruckus for his birthday (and for me if I'm honest) testing it out and the braking is terrible, it will slow a little and go into reverse fine, it's a 2wd brushed version, tried a different ESC and transmitter but still the same really, would brushless improve things because I'm thinking the fault is with the motor? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to this although I'm getting hooked as I've bought a couple of used tamiya cars cos they looked good deals!

A brushless system will definitely help. If you think you want to stay in the hobby for a while try out brushless i would recommend kinexsis 3000kv from horizonhobby.com you would want a lipo battery too make sure you get the right charger and all that good stuff.

Thanks for your help, I was edging towards brushless anyway as I think i might be running on grass a bit so was worried it may overheat a brushed motor? I think I could cope with the lack of brakes but not sure my 5 year old could when he has a go even if I adjusted the speed on the transmitter, could end up wiping the truck out or someone else!

Thanks for your help, I was edging towards brushless anyway as I think i might be running on grass a bit so was worried it may overheat a brushed motor? I think I could cope with the lack of brakes but not sure my 5 year old could when he has a go even if I adjusted the speed on the transmitter, could end up wiping the truck out or someone else!
Yeah I never really had anything good or better to say about brushed motors compared to brushless.

Members online

No members online now.
Back