What did you buy today?

Well, I woke up to a great start :) I went to check the mail and the AKA Rebars I had ordered turned up a day early, so now I got some nice rear tires with red inserts, off to the Hobby Store on Saturday to look for some front tires and inserts :)

Bought a venom nimh battery 8.4v (still not ready for lipos:confused:)

Sure you are. Last time I was in RC, NiCds were the ONLY option! Fast forward a couple of decades and all the talk of flaming LiPos freaked me out! Then I realized that it was all just common sense stuff. When I first got around a bunch of other RC'ers at a racetrack, everyone was running LiPos and nothing was catching on fire or even smoking!

Sure, LiPos take a little extra diligence since they actually DO charge differently than NiMh (or NiCd) batteries but all the currently available chargers make it easy to charge and maintain a LiPo battery.

A long time ago I learned that you NEVER fool around with electricity. Never leave a stove unattended. Unplug stuff. Don't put a fork in an electrical outlet. Same common sense applies to LiPos.

I immediately started using LiPos with my RTR Boost. Then, out of curiosity I tried the NiMh. Ugh... The LiPos were MUCH better and made my car go noticeably faster.

Well in this is more of the last weeks worth of what did I get. Well I picked up another Vaterra Ascender Kit, along with all the parts to do the 2 speed transmission upgrade during initial build. Steering servo is going to be a Spectrum S6230 and will be using a Castle Creations 10 Amp BEC to make sure it is getting all of the needed power for it's 311 inch of torque.I have a new Dynamite 60 Amp ESC and a RC4WD 35T motor but may instead use my Tekin Gen 2 RS ESC and 17.5 T Sensored Brushless motor that I have water proofed. Also have a RC4WD Warn Winch and the wired winch controller so I can use my one of the channels from my radio to control it. I also have a new set of Pitbull Rock Beast tires and Axial 1.p 8 hole beadlocks along with the Axial internal wheel weights. Along with this stuff I am currently waiting on some new RC4WD Tough Armor Rock Sliders, Front and Rear bumpers, and Vaterra's Aluminum steering knucle and c-hub and rear lock-out along with a pair of brass brake rotor weights. I also decided to upgrade my little battery charger from my Sky RC B6 to a new Horizon Prophet Sport Quad.

Attachments

• IMG_6227.JPG
    IMG_6227.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6229.JPG
    IMG_6229.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 11
I broke a motor wire last weekend, so...

TrakPower soldering iron, Novak silver solder and pro flux, soldering iron stand, "third hand" tool, heat-shrink tubing.

Good idea. I should document the transformation from stock RTR to "real" race buggy. I know I would have been interested to read something like that when I started upgrading my Boost.

Good idea. I should document the transformation from stock RTR to "real" race buggy. I know I would have been interested to read something like that when I started upgrading my Boost.
Absolutely! I know I sure enjoy build threads, and I'm sure others do as well. Plus they are a great place to get inspiration.

Picked up a sheet of unpolished stainless steel and some metal snips while at Lowe's yesterday. Today my flashlight and dynamite SCX10 stainless steel screw set arrived.

View attachment 226

I used the steel to make a battery and electronics mount on my SCX10, I visually copied from a picture of, Howlers battery and electronics tray. It took me alot longer than i care to admit but, I think it turned out okay. :D

View attachment 227
Got the same light recently

I purchased an rpm servo saver to stop speed wobble and wondering. I also ordered a new servo. (Cheap torque monster) 22 tooth pinion, extra spur gear, the bearingame to replace bushings on servo saver. Will post pics when they arrive and installed

Project "Rock" body and gear cover showed up!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20160323_183207953.jpg
    IMG_20160323_183207953.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20160323_183606170.jpg
    IMG_20160323_183606170.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20160323_183700558.jpg
    IMG_20160323_183700558.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 3
Recieved some decals for the rc tool box. I may put some on the amp & boost, dont think there waterproof tho. Only redbull decals i could find but there motocross themed lol, o well. Also got my dremel and window net for the Amp.

Attachments

• 20160322_101233.jpg
    20160322_101233.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back