4000kv motor

How good as your amp for racing does it handle well?
It's highly tuned for a loose dirt track and my ride height is way lower than stock. It would probably run better as a race truck with a lower KV, but has tremendous punch in the straight aways when I can keep the wheels under it. It doesn't corner as well as the more expensive race trucks. I basically have to roll through the corners and accelerate in the exits. When it's super dry I run it at 80-85% throttle, but if it's wet I have better traction and can pretty much open it right up. I've gotten a bunch of 2nds and 3rds, but no wins yet. There's a lot of Summer left. If nothing else, the Amp has taught me a ton about maintenance and race tuning. The track owner is wicked impressed how well my cheap truck hangs with the big boys.

well now i don't know if i should go with kinexsis 4000kv/70A esc combo or the hw quicrun 3800kv/60A esc combo
wont have to gear down as much with 3800kv right?

but a plus for me at least is the kinexsis comes prewired with ec3 connector

not too confident i could put battery connector on esc myself
rough estimate for LHS to do it?

Last edited:
then again i don't own lipo yet (whaaa? i know)
so i could have any connector attached and then get lipo accordingly

then again i don't own LiPo yet (whaaa? i know)
so i could have any connector attached and then get LiPo accordingly
Just switch everything over to deans. It's a 5 minute job with some heat shrink tube and a good soldering iron. I switched all our Nimh over and bought all deans Lipos. Probably $5 or less for the hobby shop to do it.

Just switch everything over to deans. It's a 5 minute job with some heat shrink tube and a good soldering iron. I switched all our NiMH over and bought all deans Lipos. Probably $5 or less for the hobby shop to do it.
You'll have to turn the low voltage cut off off to run nimh with either system. Found out the hard way even starting with a 7 cell 8.4v nimh 4500 pack. And no, the 7 cell didn't fit. At first I got a battery strap and cut a wedge of foam to support it over the servo, but it still came loose. I got brave and cut the last cell out of the pack and soldered wires to it to make it a humpback saddle pack. It's heavy as hell though, and my son always overheats his brushed motor with it. It's fine with a brushless motor though, just heavy.

what do you guys think? 3800kv hobbywing or 4000kv kinexsis
Horizon has excellent product support and sent me a whole new combo when my esc failed. I have a 1/8th scale hobbywing 4300 combo in my 4x4 sct and it's amazing, but it cost more than the entire amp build kit. I don't know. They are both great. The kinexsis has excellent support and is cheap. The hobbywing is a topshelf product and the hobbyshop would take care of support if you buy it from them. A lot of people swear by castle as well.

Horizon has excellent product support and sent me a whole new combo when my ESC failed. I have a 1/8th scale hobbywing 4300 combo in my 4x4 sct and it's amazing, but it cost more than the entire amp build kit. I don't know. They are both great. The kinexsis has excellent support and is cheap. The hobbywing is a topshelf product and the hobbyshop would take care of support if you buy it from them. A lot of people swear by castle as well.
I just looked up both hobbywing quick run and castle mamba 3800 kv combos. They're both $200-240. If you're just getting started I'd go with the Kinexsis. It will teach you a lot for less than half the money. The more expensive units are for racing and not necessary for bashing.

I would go with kinexsis it is cheaper but you will want to convert to deans ec3 corrodes over time but kinexsis makes a good ec3 plug.

Last edited:
could i use a hobbywing ezrun max10 60A esc or ezrun max10 sct 120A esc
with a kinexsis 4000kv motor?

could i use a hobbywing ezrun max10 60A ESC or ezrun max10 sct 120A ESC
with a kinexsis 4000kv motor?
The 120 amp would be overkill. My kyosho is 60 amp. It also says 13.5 t max. In a kyosho that would be a 3200 kv. Kv varies between manufacturers. I don't know, my hobby shop sold it to me and said it would work and it has for 4 months of hard driving. The kinexsis is only available with a matched esc, so why do you ask?

The 120 amp would be overkill. My kyosho is 60 amp. It also says 13.5 t max. In a kyosho that would be a 3200 kv. Kv varies between manufacturers. I don't know, my hobby shop sold it to me and said it would work and it has for 4 months of hard driving. The kinexsis is only available with a matched ESC, so why do you ask?
I can not find what turn a kinexsis 4000 kv anywhere.

I can not find what turn a kinexsis 4000 kv anywhere.
Makes me want to get the kyosho sensored motor and see how it performs. Full sensored motor provide amazing throttle control. I have the hobbywing xr8 4300 full sensored combo on my Tekno sct410.3 and it's amazing.

was just curious about the combo... overkill was the answer i suspected
kinexsis motor worries you?
and what are differences between sensored and sensorless? extra maintenance?

was just curious about the combo... overkill was the answer i suspected
kinexsis motor worries you?
and what are differences between sensored and sensorless? extra maintenance?
No worries with the kinexsis motor, it's solid. Full sensored motors have a broader spectrum of sensitivity through the throttle range. The variable speed is nore controllable and better suited for racing.

otherwise i was looking into running hobbywing ezrun max10 sl bl esc and looking for a seperate motor, maybe the maclan diamondback...

I just looked up both hobbywing quick run and castle mamba 3800 kv combos. They're both $200-240. If you're just getting started I'd go with the Kinexsis. It will teach you a lot for less than half the money. The more expensive units are for racing and not necessary for bashing.
i just found the hobbywing ezrun max10 60A esc and 4000kv motor both for under $60 each
would they work ok in my 1/10 2wd ruckus?
is ezrun a step above quicrun? or vice versa?
also found the 5mm version of that 4000kv motor too, but not sure if i'd need to upgrade to that or not... then gotta adjust all my gearing pitch

i just found the hobbywing ezrun max10 60A ESC and 4000kv motor both for under $60 each
would they work ok in my 1/10 2wd ruckus?
is ezrun a step above quicrun? or vice versa?
also found the 5mm version of that 4000kv motor too, but not sure if i'd need to upgrade to that or not... then gotta adjust all my gearing pitch
Hobbywing makes solid products and yes, that will make your Ruckus fly. You can get scientific and correlate your gearing to the max rpm of the motor, or do what I did and buy a set of pinions and keep checking motor and esc temps. The higher quality the components, the more you can push them. I'm a builder by trade and much of the recommended codes and regulations are set far below breaking points. Have fun and push the limits. It's just a hobby.

my stock brushless came with 24t pinion, probably gonna try 18 or 19 when get the new motor

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back