Keep breaking metal idler gear.

KyleRC

I keep cracking metal gears in my ruckus. I run plastic spur 48p to 15t pinion 3000kv 3s. Metal shafts. I have steel gears ordered. Should I try running a plastic diff to try and make a different weak spot.

I keep cracking metal gears in my ruckus. I run plastic spur 48p to 15t pinion 3000kv 3s. Metal shafts. I have steel gears ordered. Should I try running a plastic diff to try and make a different weak spot.
I think you should keep the internal transmission all metal and well greased. Keep running a plastic spur and back off the slipper. Loosen it until you can hear it slip and scream on take off. It should slip for about 3' and then tighten it a 1/4 turn. I like to set them up so repairs are easily accessible. If you can reduce the punch in your esc, try that as well. A good esc has lot's of programable adjustments including how long it takes to throttle the truck to full speed.

I think you should keep the internal transmission all metal and well greased. Keep running a plastic spur and back off the slipper. Loosen it until you can hear it slip and scream on take off. It should slip for about 3' and then tighten it a 1/4 turn. I like to set them up so repairs are easily accessible. If you can reduce the punch in your ESC, try that as well. A good ESC has lot's of programable adjustments including how long it takes to throttle the truck to full speed.
Thanks it works good now

Latest posts

Members online

Back