Ruckus and Circuit Gearing

mshell56118

So I have a circuit and a ruckus 2wd on both, has stock 87 tooth spur gear, i have put a 3650 3500kv in the ruckus with the stock 18 tooth pinion the truck just chugs and will not move, i was hoping you could help with gearing I think it is a gearing issue as it seems as i need more torque since if i give the truck a rolling start it will go fine

I have a ordered a 3650 3900kv for my circuit and it has the stock 19tooth pinion trying to be proactive on this one and see what every one recommends for gearing on it

OK THANKS, It worked fine with the brushed 15 turn motor, i put the new brushless in and set gear lash using a piece of paper, so i am guessing and kind of thought that the esc or motor was bad. It is not name brand setup just a goolrc

Hmmm.. it is definitly not a gearing issue. As dumb as it sounds are you sure your battery was charged ? Are you using a lipo ? Some ESC's come in Lipo mode and Nimh Batts don't work very well in that mode. I myself have a 3100kv goolrc setup (I lent it to my cousin as he's running it in his AMP MT right now) and I own a Castle and Skyrc setup in my own trucks aswell, and have no complaints with the goolrc, it runs very strong and we clocked his truck at 34 mph the other day. I only paid 40$ for it but am pleasantly surprised on how well it's done. Not that it's impossible that some electronics are bad.

well i tried a 8.4 v fully chargerd nimh battery maybe that is my problem i need to change setting on esc once i get programming card

Yea that could be it, I was trying to get at that lol... some nimh batts have voltage dips that go low enough to trigger your lvc when there put under load.... I don't know exactly. But I had an esc in lipo mode (and didn't know it) awhile back and it was just a constant f-around with my nimh batt until I realized it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back