Time to upgrade ! Diary of a rookie and his son...

Yes you want the circuit bumpers. The amp shares most of its chassis with the circuit. The servo saver eliminator does help a lot. The servo saver is the long plastic assembly between the steering rack and the servo horn ball stud linkage. It consists of two halves which can "scissor". A spring resists the scissoring. When your wheels hit an obstacle, the link twists open to protect the servo. However, the servo saver on this vehicle is very weak and when the car bounces across the surface, it constantly twists open, rendering your steering inputs ineffective.

The servo saver eliminator is a one piece plastic part which does not scissor, but also does not protect the servo. Chances are you will strip the stock servo if you run it. Metal geared servos can take it no problem, but something else will give out. On my car the turnbuckles pop off, or the ball cups on the servo horn. If you get unlucky, the plastic servo horn could strip. Then you spend $3 on an aluminum one...

Thanks all for your help, lot's of knowledge... New parts are on their way...Chances are they'll take several weeks to get to me...I'll keep you updated as I start receiving and mounting new elements...
Hope this thread will help some other noobs because most topics start to get covered here...

Hello everyone, it'been a long time, but spare parts are very hard and long to find especially on this side of the ocean...I finally received almost everything except for tbone bumpers , still blocked in *$ùù$ù$*!!! customs...

I have ordered 2 of everything to prepare the 2 mt upgrades...It seems it has been a good idea since I broke once again and the same type of part...

buxCt7J.jpg

Today I found a little time to finally mount the metal gearsets...

The garage :

sYIfJC4.jpg

the gearset mounted. I used graphite grease on them...

dH0gIbI.jpg

Then I mounted the steel drive shafts...

sdMatJe.jpg

The removed parts :

Jih1qjt.jpg

I hope to get my bumpers this week !

Next time guys ! ;)

Nice reading your upgrades man. I used traxxas driveshafts, but let me know how the steel ones hold up. They are Hot Racing right?

Nice reading your upgrades man. I used traxxas driveshafts, but let me know how the steel ones hold up. They are Hot Racing right?
Yeah, they look like the SECT288. I have two extra pair of you're interested...

Mine have been solid so far in both the Ruckus and AMP DB.

Sorry for late reply, holliday tima ya know...Yes, they are Hot Racing parts.

Now for the good news, I finally got my packages that were blocked in customs :

W5h4mez.jpg

Time to rock n' roll !

Next time will probably be a video !

Members online

No members online now.
Back