Torque twist

Erequena1959

image.jpg
I think i got it, I have minimize torque twist I've been testing my temper if it all works which I'm pretty sure it will then hopefully driftomaniacs will do a video you will be informed

Details would be fantastic.
What I did was remove the turnbuckles from motor/trans plate turn the gears so that they face the front since I'm running a brushless system had to switch two wires in my case blue and orange so that the motor would switch directions now the major torque twist in when you go in reverse

What I did was remove the turnbuckles from motor/trans plate turn the gears so that they face the front since I'm running a brushless system had to switch two wires in my case blue and orange so that the motor would switch directions now the major torque twist in when you go in reverse

Thank you for for the description of what you did.

Thanks have to go to Erequena1959 for this great tip, which I've now done a video of. You will find by doing this mod you substantially reduce torque twist. I also run brushless. On a brushed car I would think the improvement will be even more. Now the weight of the motor and gearbox helps counteract the torque steer when going forwards. This is a zero cost mod to do as well. If you have a brushless setup and have a new receiver fitted you may opt to reverse the throttle via your transmitter (If it has that function). Combined this with swapping the motor around and the car still drives the forwards when you apply the throttle. Or reverse the wires as detailed above.

Thanks again for @Erequena1959 for supplying me with a detailed description so I could shoot this video for everyone. Share if you like it.

20160525_205556.jpg

I did this mod yesterday while installing my Dromida 380 motor. This really helps. All of the issue goes to when you run reverse but it barely does it anymore while going forward even with the new speed of the Dromida. Thanks for this writeup, now I just need to get this thing 4 linked.

20160525_205551.jpg

Only thing I'd advise, after my last outing was to replace the wheel hubs as they began pulling the screws out of the plastic, however today I'd advise buying the opposite part of the wheel hub as well, as now I've replaced the inner part with the uprated Al one, the outer one (Still plastic) has now been pulled apart buy the stronger Al one.... Just happened two mins in to my trail run. Seems the 4WS puts a lot more strain on those parts. I'll take a pic later of the damage. It's minor and an easy swop out just annoying.

Do you have the part numbers for the inner and outer al pieces I need. Mine pulled the screw out of the inner on my first trip out this morning with new motor and tires no 4ws yet.

they are ECX314003 Steering Spindle Aluminium and ECX314004 Front/Rear Hub Set Aluminium apologies for the delay. They come in packs of two so you'll need two of each pack.
Just fitted mine, they do look good on! Out playing with it tomorrow so I'll post how I get on

Im starting to see why this thing is called Temper. The more I break on it the more I am starting to lose my temper. My plastic spindle and hub on the drivers side front did the same thing as yours but im not sure if even the al ones will fix the problem because both of those al pieces still bolt up to the plastic axle and my bolts are already pulling out at that location. For the money I have sunk in this thing I should have just bought another LNC

While upgrading to the aluminum hubs and steering spindles I just added a little glue under the spindle since the screws were stripped on the front one. I made sure to Loctite all of the other ones in. I have ran about 3 packs thru it now with no more issues with them coming loose. My problem now is the connector for the 3 link at the front steering servo keeps popping loose and my front shaft falls out. I should be able to fix this issue by switching to a 4 link setup. I really like the truck now with the 4ws and after the upgrades. Now on to figure out this 4 link!

While upgrading to the aluminum hubs and steering spindles I just added a little glue under the spindle since the screws were stripped on the front one. I made sure to Loctite all of the other ones in. I have ran about 3 packs thru it now with no more issues with them coming loose. My problem now is the connector for the 3 link at the front steering servo keeps popping loose and my front shaft falls out. I should be able to fix this issue by switching to a 4 link setup. I really like the truck now with the 4ws and after the upgrades. Now on to figure out this 4 link!
Keep us posted on the 4 link setup!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back