13 Days (and counting) with the ECX Temper. Now with video!

I have my eye on a Grand Cherokee body I have laying in my model box (just a little larger than 1:24), but I'm also considering buying a toy "Sweet Tooth" van (a-la Twisted Metal) and stealing the body.

Definitely post up if you get that sweet tooth mounted up. I still play twisted metal black from time to time for grins. :)

For my one month recap, I have just did something stupid. Stupid because it took me this long to see it.

Everything I've done so far:
Tossed the tire inserts
Gambled on a 2s and it worked.
New body
4 wheel steering
Metal servo horns
4 link suspension upgrade with home made upper links
Lower link triangulation (thanks @Juanmarteen for the idea)
Home made axle skidplate/bumpers and tranny skid
Shortened wheelbase from 222mm to 218mm and slightly lowered ride height by a couple of mm as a result of link mod.

And finally, because of my suspension upgrade I had to relocated my shocks to adjust rate from all the changes it made, it gave me room below the battery tray to fit the smaller sized lipo pack! Not only does the pack sit lower, it sits well beyond the trucks centerline and just behind the front servo with no impacting during suspension articulation.
View attachment 140 View attachment 141
View attachment 142

I wonder what the police would think if they saw me on the side of the road playing with my crawler on a rock mound at 3:30 in the morning because I dont think i can wait to see how it works. That would probably explain the 5150 in my name...

Hope you don't mind but I totally copied your lower link setup. easier to drill holes in stock trans mount than to fab on from scratch. just gotta fab a skid plate with some 18guage flat stock steal I have laying around

Hope you don't mind but I totally copied your lower link setup. easier to drill holes in stock trans mount than to fab on from scratch. just gotta fab a skid plate with some 18guage flat stock steal I have laying around
Have at it! that's what were here for. Glad you like it. I've since had to rework it a little since I popped a ball out. Drop of threadlock and a punch to flare the thread after flushing with a dremmel. Locked in nicely now.

Have at it! that's what were here for. Glad you like it. I've since had to rework it a little since I popped a ball out. Drop of threadlock and a punch to flare the thread after flushing with a dremmel. Locked in nicely now.

I found some nuts at the hardware store that matched up (m3-50), and just made the skid cover it all up so they dont hang up on rocks and swapped some philips screws for hexheads so they dont strip. Sucks waiting on parts to arrive to finish the 4link setup though.

I found some nuts at the hardware store that matched up (m3-50), and just made the skid cover it all up so they dont hang up on rocks and swapped some philips screws for hexheads so they dont strip. Sucks waiting on parts to arrive to finish the 4link setup though.
4 link is where its at. Much better crawl. I was going to move my uppers back down to @Juanmarteen setup, but this seems to work pretty good and it grew on me. Looks pretty cool with this Chevy body.

Yeah i dig the chevy. If i remember correctly you said its a 1/10 scale body? I want to do something different than stock but not alot of selection in the 1/16 department from what ive seen.

My plate is a little different than yours, but works quite nicely
20160104_233630.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back