3s lipo on a Temper?

Thanks guys I'll try to get a pic asap and possibly a video. I really do appreciate all the help. Going through all these threads and seeing how helpful and nice everyone is is really awesome.

Alright so a lil update on my situation. I tried a different 7.4 lipo and it turned on just fine and ran great for the 15 minutes I had to test it. For the life of me I can't find the first lipo I was using to compare the two to try to find out what was causing the esc to act that way. The one that worked is a 7.4v 20c 1000 mah stick type lipo. What brand are you guys using because I'm planning on getting a couple more from hobbyKing.

Alright so a lil update on my situation. I tried a different 7.4 lipo and it turned on just fine and ran great for the 15 minutes I had to test it. For the life of me I can't find the first lipo I was using to compare the two to try to find out what was causing the ESC to act that way. The one that worked is a 7.4v 20c 1000 mah stick type lipo. What brand are you guys using because I'm planning on getting a couple more from hobbyKing.
Alright so a lil update on my situation. I tried a different 7.4 lipo and it turned on just fine and ran great for the 15 minutes I had to test it. For the life of me I can't find the first lipo I was using to compare the two to try to find out what was causing the ESC to act that way. The one that worked is a 7.4v 20c 1000 mah stick type lipo. What brand are you guys using because I'm planning on getting a couple more from hobbyKing.
Ok so the problem was the battery good to hear that here is what I use and also get one of these see pics the alarm will sound once the voltage hits about 3.2 that's by default it won't let you kill your lipo

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.png
    image.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 11
I have a tester I always test my batteries before and after charging I asked you if you had a way to test your battery I just don't understand why your temper isn't working on the LiPo battery but anyway I changed all of my electronics to work my rear steer I don't like the all in one ESC I would ask the guy/girl at your LHS let us know what you find out
Well I finally found the first lipo I was trying (fell behind my work bench) and after looking more closely I realized it's actually an 11.1v lipo. So hopefully that's some usable info for those wondering if a stock temper can run a 3s battery. Thanks for all the help guys!

The all in 1 esc receiver on the Temper has no Low Voltage cut-off, so running LiPo's is at your own risk of killing the LiPo, unless you are using a aftermarket LiPo monitor with alarm. You can safley run a 2S 7.4 volt LiPo with alarm, but the 11.1 volt will kill the ESC and then you can buy a new receiver and a ESC combo that you want to upgrade too.

The all in 1 ESC receiver on the Temper has no Low Voltage cut-off, so running LiPo's is at your own risk of killing the LiPo, unless you are using a aftermarket LiPo monitor with alarm. You can safley run a 2S 7.4 volt LiPo with alarm, but the 11.1 volt will kill the ESC and then you can buy a new receiver and a ESC combo that you want to upgrade too.
The esc won't even run the 11.1 at all on mine. But I plan on upgrading the electronics when I do 4 wheel steering.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back