What did you buy today?

Axial Wraith Spawn for... $200!!!

LHS got one in for store demo. Employee's kid drove it and crashed it instantly, stripping servo horn and busting a non essential plastic part. LHS owner wanted a Yeti XL instead so he sold it to me for $200. I have a spare titanium servo laying around. I'll probably sell it to a buddy for my cost and get an Axial Bomber. :D

Just then;
1 x SpazStix Color Change Paint - Gold/Orange/Purple/Red Aerosol
1 x HPI 1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X Clear Body (200mm)
1 x HPI Hummer H2 Body (Clear)
1 x ECX 12mm Wheel Hex Aluminium (4)
1 x JT MINI DRIFT YELLOW AE86 RTR W/CHARGER AND BATTERY

And from july 15th;
2x #NC5800.2S2P.30/25221 Turnigy nano-tech 5800mah 2S2P 30~60C Hardcase LiPo Pack (ROAR APPROVED)
1x #EC3x10/28837 EC3 Plugs (10pairs/set)
1x #258000019/46008 1/10 Scale Police Light Bar
1x #9052000138-4/95987 Accucell S60 AC Charger
2x #9070000005/46181 Turnigy Smart LED Car Lighting System
1x #LPGUARD18x22/32967 Lithium Polymer Charge Pack

Thankfully i made extra cash this week from tattoos, and also I havnt bought any alcohol in a few months (i know, what kind of Aussie am i?!!)
Be sure to post pics in the new Body Paint thread when you're done.

Axial Wraith Spawn for... $200!!!

LHS got one in for store demo. Employee's kid drove it and crashed it instantly, stripping servo horn and busting a non essential plastic part. LHS owner wanted a Yeti XL instead so he sold it to me for $200. I have a spare titanium servo laying around. I'll probably sell it to a buddy for my cost and get an Axial Bomber. :D

Nice! I just ordered an scx10 g6 falken for €330.

Last week I got all new suspension for my used TA SC10 I bought. Installed it and am happy with it now. It'll go straight as an arrow and do 40mph on pavement with a 26 tooth pinion. I put a 31 in there and will try it out tomorrow and see what it'll do now.

I snapped an axle shaft on my Bomber project yesterday. So I ordered up a set of Axial uni shafts for it. I did have a spare set of ar60s to put under it with unis already, but I got them used also and the rear had the wrong axle truss. Robbed the one off of the other axles and got the Bomber back on line. So I ordered a new truss just now, some cheap wheels, and another set of 6 bolt hub adaptors for the beadlock wheels. I've got another GMade R1 cage I'm going to try to get those axles under once they're back together. I also looked into a front open diff like for the Yeti to put into my Bomber to possibly not snap any more shafts. They're nearly a direct drop in so it should be a simple mod.

Just ordered a set of Hot Racing front spindle carriers for my ECX Boost. What I should have done a long time ago. But hey, this wouldn't be a hobby without all the crazy experiments with parts from other cars!

I've got several Losi Micro projects always in some form of repair/modification and they took a couple of boxes. Finally finished my 1/35 Orlandoo and it's got a box as a complete RTR. Spare scx10 bits in another. 1/36 Micro spares in one and 1/24 spares in another. I'm very happy with them. They stack well, are see through, have nearly vertical sides, and were cheap.

I saw some big totes at Academy last week. Only one had a seal ring in the lid, though. But they would easily store several complete 1/10s. If moisture is a concern you could use an old trick of a tube sock full of dry rice. IIRC, they were $30-40 each.

Got a used Acial ae-3 for my Wraith project. Massed some parts for it the last few weeks.

New chassis, new tranny, used body, wheels/tires, and the ESC. I've already got the axles, driveshafts, and electronics for brushed. Now with this BL ESC score I'll have more options.

I got the Wraith up and running. Now my attention has turned elsewheres. I want another scx10 so I waited for the weekend classifieds on my two best RC sites. Scooped up a few things the last couple of days and will have something on the go in a week.

-AE-5
-SCX10 axles
-Bomber shocks for my Bomber
-Spawn body for my Wraith
-Wraith (non Jeep) body panels to use as a template for something special

I missed an SRTC SWB scx chassis by asking to many questions via forum PM. Really wanted that for an FJ40 or Hilux.

Latest posts

Members online

Back