What did you buy today?

It's 2WD, brushed. I prefer to do my own hop-ups. Also, I've heard too much negative about the 4wd ECX vehicles.

http://www.ecxrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ECX03130T1

I agree. Sadly I'm also prone to buying the best available...if I can afford it.....haha. So I went the route of the BL 4wd circuit. It's fun, but I regret not going a different direction.

Also... I'm just now noticing that ECX added Lipo equipped models. And upgraded the motors in them from 20t to 15t. Odd that they are the lowest version of the vehicles.

I agree. Sadly I'm also prone to buying the best available...if I can afford it.....haha. So I went the route of the BL 4wd circuit. It's fun, but I regret not going a different direction.

Also... I'm just now noticing that ECX added LiPo equipped models. And upgraded the motors in them from 20t to 15t. Odd that they are the lowest version of the vehicles.

I'm glad they dropped the 20t motor. It makes sense since the Amp is now their "entry level" vehicle. I have a Boost, and that's a completely different vehicle with the 15t and a LiPo. Another reason I wanted this version was to check out the new Spektrum RTR radio.

Another reason I wanted this version was to check out the new Spektrum RTR radio.

Post up your thoughts on the radio when you've had some time with it. Be interesting to see how it compares to the DX2E.

Today I bought some shims, front bumper, and rear aluminum hubs for my 4x4 ruckus. Going to order the bolt kit too so I have spares in case any more decide to work their way out.

Big fan of the Ubiquiti products. I have 30 uap-pro and uap-ac-pro at work. I even have a couple at home. Very solid pieces.
Nice! So far I've been really impressed with my ubiquiti gear. In fact I've added a second UAP-AC-LR and running my UniFi controller in the cloud. I'm really considering selling the EdgeRouter X and getting a USG and replace my HP managed switch with a UniFi 24 port switch.

Nice! So far I've been really impressed with my ubiquiti gear. In fact I've added a second UAP-AC-LR and running my UniFi controller in the cloud. I'm really considering selling the EdgeRouter X and getting a USG and replace my HP managed switch with a UniFi 24 port switch.
The cloud keys are nice if you don't want it in the cloud. USG is a nice upgrade, but I would keep the hp switch unless you want everything Ubiquiti, which is fine too. I have a sg300 10 port Poe which I wouldn't ditch for the Ubiquiti.

@sc302 yeah the cloud keys seem to be pretty popular. I like running in the cloud as I'm able to not only easily control my own site but also a couple others I have setup for a couple friends and a few small companies.

I also looked at the SG300 series switches and I believe they are to deep to fit in my area.

@sc302 yeah the cloud keys seem to be pretty popular. I like running in the cloud as I'm able to not only easily control my own site but also a couple others I have setup for a couple friends and a few small companies.

I also looked at the SG300 series switches and I believe they are to deep to fit in my area.
You can always set and forget, you don't need to run the controller to have wireless. You need the controller for other features or if you are constantly making changes. The ones at home aren't hooked up to a controller.

You can always set and forget, you don't need to run the controller to have wireless. You need the controller for other features or if you are constantly making changes. The ones at home aren't hooked up to a controller.
Well that's no fun... I like to play. :D

Since buying a TLR 22 3.0 I haven't really "needed" to buy anything! The car is SO well designed that it's fantastic without ANY option parts! And I can't believe how tough it is. Especially when compared to an Associated B6. Last time I drove, my friend broke TWO carbon composite front shock towers and a front pivot block. :(

So I bought a 1/18 Temper. I think i can start tweaking that instead of just driving all the time!

A Hobby King rebrand of a Nanda, IIRC. It's called a BSR M.Rage. I had a cheap 21t motor in it and was using a crawler ESC at first. Then the ESC shorted and was stuck in full throttle reverse. So I swapped in an even cheaper 2s only brushed ESC and it was getting really hot. So last night I dropped in a $40 3100kV brushless combo.

Here's a few 3s fly bys.

Ordered a FPV 110mm frame 'racing drone', a small indoors drone, SCX10 aluminum bits, a set of 1.9 tires, and some non RC related things. Thanks Black Friday online sales.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back