What did you buy today?

Yesterday I bought my bad self an actual real soldering station. I've had it with the cheap "pencils" that get too hot to hold and burn out.
Nice, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this station!

Yesterday I bought my bad self an actual real soldering station. I've had it with the cheap "pencils" that get too hot to hold and burn out.
No poop! I was thinking this exact thing today... i have the burn to prove it.

EDIT : Really?!! We cant say the S word... poop just doesn't sound right, lol.

No poop! I was thinking this exact thing today... i have the burn to prove it.

EDIT : Really?!! We cant say the S word... poop just doesn't sound right, lol.

Really is too bad we don't have the poop emoji on this site. 1f4a9.png On other sites, you type in "poop" or the S word, you get that emoji.

Perhaps substitute poop with "steaming pile of excrement". A much more colorful description I think.

What a day. Bought a phenolic soldering jig (was set to buy a metal one but phenolic is better as it won't act like a heat sink!), some 12GA wire, balance leads, 5mm bullet connectors, EC3 plugs, a Venom Low Voltage Monitor/LVC alarm (boy is that alarm LOUD), and a set of Traxxas 5862 "big bore" shocks for my Boost. They are an almost direct replacement for the ECX shocks, with a length difference of 2 mm shorter in the front, and 3 longer in the back. I plan to install the RPM two-stage pistons (which I already had on hand). Unfortunately the pistons will require some work before they will fit properly (despite marketing claims to the contrary). I plan to post about this in Chassis and Drivetrain in the coming week to 10 days.

Yeah... about those Traxxas Big Bore shocks. I don't know what I was thinking but the front shocks are 2mm shorter than ECX stock and the rear Big Bore shocks are 5mm longer. So the Traxxas 5862 Big Bore set of shocks will go on the AMP. More on that later...

Well, my son has his Amp. Now, I just bought myself a BL Circuit......and I'm going right to 3s with her. :D

Aww... now the waiting begins!

Always the conundrum I deal with. Enjoy the free shipping, that seems to take forever. Or pay way to much to get it immediately. Luckily I'm busy this weekend so I have no problem with it showing up next week. :)

Nice. I expect few unboxing photos! I want to see under the hood!

I can get some photos in a bit. Already had a quality control issue. The spur to pinion mesh was way to tight, had to adjust it immediately out of the box. Also you can tell it is all metal gearing. It's a noisey drivetrain! May have to dig into that soon.

My son's Ruckus stripped out the original wheel hexes due to rubbish wheel nuts. Ordered some new wheels and rubber. Pro-Line Super Swamper 2.8"
upload_2016-6-8_14-17-45.png

Was window shopping on HH and found a 1/18 scale panel truck body. Had to order it. $15 shipped. Been a long time since I've done one. Can't wait to see what to see what we come up with. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Last time I did this stuff I I wasn't even old enough to work.
View attachment 57

And then I couldn't stop. Not sure if I will gain anything. Cheap gamble. At least I'll have a spare.
View attachment 58
I bought one on line waiting for it to show up I have a 51 Chevy Pu on my 1/10 scale 4x4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back