Which driveshafts for ECX Ruckus?

Yeah. I don't buy alot of ECX hop up parts. When I buy upgrades I use Hot Racing and Integy
Is there a difference between a v1 or v2 set up or are they all the same for the drive shaft set up?

There shouldn't need to be any mods. Now I had Traxxas XO-1 shafts on my circuit and I had to mod my diffs but you wont need to mod these.

Any universal 1/10 shafts will work. Go to integy.com and type in ECX Ruckus. It will come up with shafts. Pic ones you like then look them up on ebay.

I also notice the blue cuplings get worn out too any suggestions for repairing those. One of mines are worn out that is causes the tire to wobble. .
I got a set of new shafts but now the stock hex tire pins wont fit into the hex that holds the tire in place do i need to order a 4wd set to match the 4wd shafts now?

Another weekend day of yard racing on the type 'A' shafts in the first post, did a complete tear down and disassembly of them, put the parts in a mason jar of solvent and swirled around to clear out minute sand/dirt particles. The slip joints were in great shape, only the ball ends needed clean and lube.
Is there any to fix the slapping noise on a sct when it goes over jumps or gets big air the noise always comes from the rear.

I think I will try a layer of duct tape on the underside of the body. The sound may be the body slapping against the rear shock tower, my Amp body is scuffed up badly at those points.

Has anyone yet tried the SECT288X06? I'm curious as to how these compare to the SECT288 and SECT288M06.

Hi,

Just signed up after seeing this thread as I'm trying to find an answer to the exact same question - I've got the ECX2100 Ruckus which initially came with a 20T brushed motor but now running a 10T Absima and with the LiPo I added yesterday is twisting the pin out of the standard plastic CV joints.

Dan

I ended up going for Traxxas shafts which I saw being fitted to a Ruckus on a YouTube video, they mentioned that the only issue was that the 12mm hex hubs had to be drilled out to accommodate the larger axles and with next day stock available in the uk figured that was the way for me.

So I got the drive shafts on which had some obvious complications I hadn't considered as the YouTube guide suggested drilling out the ID of the stock 12mm hubs to accommodate the Traxxas larger axles I also had to drill out the wheel mount and stock plastic washer. I could have also have done without one of the retaining pins to the gear box threading so had to tap it out before fitting.

Problem sorted :)

Dan

I'm kind of cross posting this, but I got the Hot Racing SECT288 from Tower. I ordered two sets, one for my sons Ruckus 2WD and one for my AMP DB.

So upon installing them on the Ruckus, I screwed up and put them on the Boom Racing rear hub. Apparently that aluminum part doesn't fit and I found out seconds too late... kinda jacked up the pair. So my AMP will have to wait a few more days. :/

Luckily, I had the OEM parts and reinstalled them.

Attachments

• IMAG1268.jpg
    IMAG1268.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG1267.jpg
    IMAG1267.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 40
That's cool as the traxxas ones you have to mod quite a bit and I didn't like that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back