Which driveshafts for ECX Ruckus?

qez8V00.jpg

The weather being what it is, I won't be able to run enough to know if these are good unlike all the other hot racing ones...
They seem nice. Time will tell.

They are great and slip right in place of stock. Have run many 3s batteries through them and all still solid. Realizing I need to upgrade the stock spur gear to metal though
Can you help me out please ? I'm new to this and looking for driveshafts and what fits and don't fit both 2wd and 4wd

They are great and slip right in place of stock. Have run many 3s batteries through them and all still solid. Realizing I need to upgrade the stock spur gear to metal though
I'm looking for loads of bits trying to piece it all together before I order it all I'm stuck between rpm and hot racing for the castors , hubs etc , I'm decided on the traxxas arms and have 3 sets of those in my basket but still don't know if 2wd and 4wd use the same parts. I have both cars coming I get my 4wd today and my 2wd is in the post somewhere on its way

Not sure about 4 wheel drive version as only have 2wd. The shafts are a must if brushless and like i said I suggest getting metal spur gear. Some aluminum wheel hexes are good with all the power. Picked up some generic wheels and tires for better grip and that's about all I've done besides the constant body swapping. Hope this helps.

Not sure about 4 wheel drive version as only have 2wd. The shafts are a must if brushless and like i said I suggest getting metal spur gear. Some aluminum wheel hexes are good with all the power. Picked up some generic wheels and tires for better grip and that's about all I've done besides the constant body swapping. Hope this helps.
Can you recommend some driveshafts that don't require a grinder and cutting down etc? Also turnbuckles go for the traxxas ones?

For everybody reading this post and considering hot racing products:

SECT288 after 8 3s packs

20180221_220006.jpg
20180221_215951.jpg

The cups and dogbones bind and the cups will start to wobble because of that putting a lot of stress on the diffs. The joints wear very fast.

SECT288X06

20180221_215924.jpg
20180221_215936.jpg

The blue aluminium pin holder is too weak and the pins break trough it. Also these joints wear too fast. If these were cheap Chinese axles it is to be expected, but you are looking at a 100 euros of axles gone in less than 2 month.

I'm going for the slash 4x4 axles now from Integy. No more hot racing products for me.

Let's hope you have better luck with them!

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=29509&p_catid=268&ratesortby=New#.Wo7M8NDvJnE

And let's hope these will hold...
Thanks for the link, I hope they hold, too! They just arrived, so I'll put them on this weekend and see of I can break them :D

Integy's website link says those driveshafts (item# C27953) are rears. Integy says the front ones are different, (item# C27952), yet the Hot Racing ones (item# ECF288VX06) are for both front and rear. That's got me thinking that the Integy ones are a better fit, because it looks like the rear ones are designed differently since the wheels on the rear don't steer left and right like the front wheels do. . Anyone have experience with using the Hot Racing ECF288VX06 for both front and rear on the 4x4 1/10 Ruckus?

Isn't there any MIP driveshafts usable in the 4wd Ruckus? Maybe the ones for the Stampede/Slash 4wd? In my 2wd Ruckus I'm using the MIP CVD set for Stampede/Nitro Rustler. Only con I see is that you need to limit the suspension travel. Lots of 2s Lipo bashing and zero problems (touch wood after seeing your breakages...) Good luck with your purchase.

wow @JvG, that's shocking. Pls keep us updated on the Integy axles.
I'm running the hot racing axles on 3S so you've gotten me a little concerned!

What motor are you running? What is your punch setting and have you adjusted the slipper clutch?

Also @JvG in your second photo, it looks like the blue sleeve is grinding against your hubs? Could this be causing extra strain on the drivetrain? Have you checked for binding there?

Hi Chuck, thanks for your input!
I am running a Hobbywing Max10 60a with a 3300Kv motor on 3s, the slipperclutch is half a turn loose from full lock, punch setting is set on medium (standard setting) and i installed a smaller pinion 20t (comes standard with 24t) with a Hotracing steel spur 87t (also standard). It's not overpowered and the drivetrain has no issues. I always release throttle when landing from jumps.
The grinding on the blue pin holder is from sand only, there is no binding. I even run the RPM hubs which are slightly larger.
I will keep you updated on the Integy axels!

@JvG That sounds very similar to my setup! Interesting thing I'm seeing is the pinion size. I thought these came stock with 19T? I'm running 17T on mine with a looser slipper clutch. Hope the new axles work out better!

@JvG That sounds very similar to my setup! Interesting thing I'm seeing is the pinion size. I thought these came stock with 19T? I'm running 17T on mine with a looser slipper clutch. Hope the new axles work out better!
Yes it came stock with yhe 24t pinion. It's the 2wd brushless version with the not 3s capable esc. The speed is good with the 20t pinion. I have upgraded everything, guess only the chassis is standard :D
Now the only thing we need are some good axles...

So i loosend the slipper clutch, drove for 10 minutes and this is what happened to the Integy shafts.......:mad::mad::mad:
20180304_153856.jpg
20180304_153907.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back