Which driveshafts for ECX Ruckus?

There are some universal ones on ebay for like 18 dollars im not knockin hot racing but i had some of those and the blue ring wore out. Ive had the universal ones on for more than a year and no problems

Aup,
Has anyone tried using the steel driveshaft (FTTX262) upgrade for the slash because apparently the standard plastic driveshafts(6852) work, so i can't see any reason why the steel ones wont work.

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/207916/

Last edited:
I run the traxxas cvd metal shafts they are rubber sealed and at good in the dirt. But get rpm rear a arms with them or you will tear rubber parts off from rocks. Make sure you get the rear axles though the other ones will be too short.

I run the traxxas cvd metal shafts they are rubber sealed and at good in the dirt. But get rpm rear a arms with them or you will tear rubber parts off from rocks. Make sure you get the rear axles though the other ones will be too short.

Righto, cheers mate. I might consider that as a option but at he minute i'm working on gearing

Sorry for so late, this was like a year ago, but just broke driveshaft at the transmission coupling, looking for new shafts, heard there is a spacing issue with hot racing shafts. are these integy ones ready to go with no modification? they seem more robust, if there is minor modification, I'm fine just wondering what it may if there is, thx ahead

Sorry for so late, this was like a year ago, but just broke driveshaft at the transmission coupling, looking for new shafts, heard there is a spacing issue with hot racing shafts. are these integy ones ready to go with no modification? they seem more robust, if there is minor modification, I'm fine just wondering what it may if there is, thx ahead

Hello!

Metal drive shafts on the Ruckus. I bought one 4 years ago, upgraded to brushless/lipo and I needed a solution. Back then, I put on MIP 8106 metal dog bone drive shafts for the Traxxas Slash onto the Ruckus. They worked out great until this past Friday when I was driving with my son and one of them literally got ripped apart. Discovered my Ruckus was missing a bearing on the wheel hub that the broken driveshaft was attached to. The local shop I buy from doesn't carry MIP parts anymore as they weren't selling. I didn't have to modify at all for the MIPs, but they never really sat right on the truck. However...

They did however, have these awesome Hot Racing SECT288X06 drive shafts. While I prefer dog bone style drive shafts, I was willing to try these star drive style shafts out, since they were made of steel. They are heavier than the dog bones, but not by much and honestly, I can't really notice when I'm driving. All I noticed was a better transfer of power lol.

At any rate, while I can't speak for the Integy's, I recommend the Hot Racing SECT288X06 as they're specifically made for the ECX Ruckus 2wd. Direct bolt on with no modding necessary. They also replace the plastic hexes on the rear, so you kinda knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. The hexes are held to the axle with set screws, and the axle has a flat spot on them for the set screws. Just make sure you use blue loc-tite on the bolts and you'll be fine.

Finally, if you do go with the Hot Racing shafts, theres a "crush" washer that comes with it (its really just a washer but they call it a crush washer for some reason). When you put on your axle, pop out one of the bearings and place it between the bearings. I believe this helps take some stress off the bearings.

At any rate, hope this helps. And glad I found your thread, without this thread, I would've tried modding on something different. I've only run my truck a couple of times since I put them on Saturday night, but I'm very happy with the results.

*EDIT* Just read the last part of your last post. With the Hot Racing shafts, I didn't see any spacing issue. If there is, I can't notice it. But, my shock travel isn't limited by the drive shafts anymore like with the MIPs.

It looks like HR has a new model for the ECX 2WD: http://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=SECT288RC;c=685
Anyone got it already? Looks better than the X06 in some aspects.

Nice find! Definitely love the the rubber boots they put on the drive shafts in to help keep dirt out. Curious how they'd hold up though as I see those pieces getting torn up pretty quick. The one thing I like about the X06 version is the hex replacements. It came with metal hex replacements so that saves me a step on upgrades.

Other than that, looks like a nice drive shaft regardless.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back